10 Home Improvement Safety Tips
by Big John Henry
10 Home Improvement Safety Tips These are the 10 safest things you can do in your home to protect against fires, accidents and break—ins.
1, Install a high-quality smoke detector on each level of your home. 2. Install a carbon monoxide detector in or near your utility room or wherever you have an appliance that burns natural gas or wood.
3. Inspect, remove debris and install a cap on every chimney. including the metal ones for furnaces and water heaters.
4. Plan an emergency escape route from every room in your home and make sure everyone knows it.
5. Have a working fire extinguisher in the kitchen and shop and an additional one on each level of your home.
6. If you have glass doors, install a prominent sticker or decal on it at eye level so no one accidentally walks through it.
7. If your bath tub is slippery, install rubber appliques to reduce falling.
8. Have a locksmith inspect, repair and change the key cylinders on all the locks in.your home at least once every five years.
9. Install a light fixture with a motion detector to illuminate each entrance to your home.
10. Install a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) receptacle to protect every electrical outlet in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room.
Thanks for reading this page on 10 Home Improvement Safety Tips